Saturday, May 19, 2012

I Wonder

I wonder what it would be like to be known.  Truly be known.  Have someone see your sad face, know it's your sad face and know why your sad.  Have someone look at your tears and decipher whether they are tears of joy, sadness, grief or it's-just-one-of-those-days.

I wonder.


I wonder what it would be like to have someone know your mind.  Know what you're going to say, even before you say it.  Complete your sentence once you start.  Know what you're thinking without saying a word.

I wonder.

I wonder what it would be like to have someone know your innermost thoughts, secrets and dreams.  Things you've never told a soul, but somehow they know anyway.

I wonder.

I wonder what it would be like to have someone know your heart.  Know the good and the bad.  Know when you talked to that girl, stumbled over your words and offended her. Yet know your intentions were good.  To know when you smiled at that other girl, but you really wanted to smack her in the face.  I wonder what it would be like to have someone know what's in my heart without saying a word.

The thing is, I really don't have to wonder that hard.

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you..." (Jeremiah 1:5)

"I'm and open book to You;
Even from a distance, you know what I'm thinking.
You know when I leave and when I get back;
I'm never out of Your sight.
You know everything I'm going to say
before I start the first sentence
I look behind me and You're there,
Then up ahead and You're there, too-
Your reassuring presence, coming and going (Psalm 139:1-3

Thank you, Lord, for loving me.  Individually.  I know that You love this whole world, but thank You for loving just me.  All of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment